Sunday, November 14, 2010

Snow day


Spent our first night in a ger.  I woke up with a 15 year old Mongolian boy sitting on the end of my bed...thankfully though as he was in charge of the fire in the middle of our ger.  After breakfast we had some frisbee and football time in the snow.  I feel like I am living in Narnia.  My ugg boots are awesome in UB as they keep my feet toasty warm however for climbing snow covered hills in the country side...not so much.  I felt like a cartoon character slipping all over the place and looking like I was running on a treadmill on the spot.  It was definitely a case of two steps forward four steps back.  It's going to be a looooooong winter I think if I don't upgrade my boots!  A great day playing in the snow and mafia action in the toasty lounge room.

our home away from home

mike being a polar bear

Karina and I...I was happy to make it to the top!

Stealth Mike 


         

No comments:

Post a Comment