Thursday, November 25, 2010

End of my first working week...

Thursday equals the day before the long weekend.  Had a lovely lunch with the kids at Lotus.  Imagine twenty five kids staring straight at you while you try to eat your tsuivan and soup.  Lotus has a school where the children from reception to year five attend.  It's nice to be able to share a meal with them everyday.  The kids are amazing but with some very complicated life stories.  It's been hard not being able jump straight into my role as social worker at the orphanage.  They are in the process of employing a new Mongolian social worker who I can work with as the previous one has just quit so language is a huge barrier.  Any one who knows me is aware that patience is not my strong point.  So until I have a translator I will just continue to learn what Lotus does and spend time at the orphanage, kindergarten and school.

After work Ben and I attended the first ever ethnic festival run by the Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the UNDP.  It was unreal.  Lots of costumes, dancing and free alcohol and food...what a great way to end the working week!

Got to love free vodka...oh and mares milk! 
orchestra 

horse head cello



Queens dance


love this woman...

throat singers
      

No comments:

Post a Comment