Friday, December 24, 2010

An open letter to my family...



Well it’s Christmas eve and I want you all to know I’m thinking of you.  I’m so happy here in Mongolia however if I could teleport myself home to spend Christmas with you I would.  There is nothing like a McGarvey Christmas. 

I love the feast at Oma's on Christmas eve, I love seeing everyone walk through the back gate of whoever is hosting Christmas day that year, the random lucky dip presents, the copious amounts of champagne, the hugs, the ham, my little and big cousins, Abba blasting from the stereo, having a birthday cake for Uncle Ian, the telling of old and new stories, swapping shoes and trying on everyones jewelery, sing star, potato salad, interstate mobile phone calls and of course I love the feeling that when we are together in that moment there is no where else I would want to be...

Sending you all big hugs and kisses all the way from mighty Mongolia.  Enjoy that Aussie weather and know that while you are basking in the sun I will be in thermals and enjoying my first white Christmas.

I love you xxx



     

  

No comments:

Post a Comment