Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday fun...

So I am yet to tell you all about my high school English class that I take once a week.  One of the English teachers at Lotus works at school 31 in the same neighbourhood as my work.  He asked me one day if I would consider visiting his school and sitting in on his English classes from time to time.  I don't particularly want to fall into the trap of teaching English here.  It's not that I have anything against it I just believe I am here to do more than teach English.  Anyway I said I wouldn't mind visiting his students as its always good to keep contacts within schools for resource sharing and so forth.  

Today was the second class I had with the students.  It's actually a lot of fun and I really enjoy the time I spend there.  Last week I taught them the game celebrity head which provided a lot of giggles and this week we talked about winter.  There is also a question and answer portion of the class where surprise surprise I find my self explaining the reason why I am not married, why I don't have kids and whether or not I like buuz.  

Friday night found us on the town again....a new club that had a glass dance floor and a fountain that would randomly spray the crowd from time to time.  When the police came in to shut the club down after midnight the crew ended up at another karaoke joint singing bad Christmas carols and random ballads.  Life is good.      

mad skills

It's getting hot in herrrrrrrrrrrrrrre

Em shows skills of another kind...

This was either Wham or Cyndi Lauper!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment