Thursday, January 6, 2011

land locked...

Maybe it's because I am sick, or that I haven't had more than 3 hours of sleep for the past seven days or maybe it's just because I have nearly always lived near the beach but I am S....T....Ruggling being landlocked.  Being stuck in my apartment is suffocating me and all I can think about is escaping to the water.  I've actually even been dreaming about the beach.  I'm not going to turn this into a whinge about missing summer even though that is slightly true I just need some beach time!!!  I had never thought about living in a cold climate which makes it so ironic that I've ended up in the coldest capital in the whole world.  Trust me...the novelty is beginning to wear off.

Funnily enough, I also can't stop thinking about being back in South East Asia.  I miss the food, the heat, the energy in the air, the pace, the people...well my people in particular.  I know I need to snap out of it...wishing you were somewhere else is no way to live because it means you miss out on all the wonder that is around you where you are.  I know I'll end up back there eventually, where...only time will tell but somewhere in that beautiful region where my heart is calling me.

I know I'm just having a moment and will probably regret blogging about it later but I guess that's all part of the process.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I'm here and loving it "most" of the time.  I'm just finding it hard to focus on the journey ahead when I feel that other matters are pulling me back to where I feel I want to be.  I know this feeling will pass as will this adventure I am on so I should embrace every moment rather than wishing to be elsewhere for fairly shallow reasons....and hey, there's always a cheap AirChina flight and getaway around the corner!  

So I think I've just talked myself out of my slump...however I'm sure as this winter progresses I may need to give myself another pep talk.  Here's hoping for a good nights sleep and I'll back to my normal self.  Maybe a swim at the old Soviet pool is in order this weekend just to get my water fix...I've heard they scrape the back of your neck to make sure you are clean and also blow whistles to tell you when you can get in and out of the pool...a little taste of communism might do me good huh!    

No comments:

Post a Comment