Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The lurgy continues...

Being sick in Ulaanbaatar in the winter time is fairly soul destroying.  Everything that is a tiny bit annoying about this place is escalated times 100!!!  I've had the last few days off at work but had to go in this afternoon to do some sponsor work I realised I should have stayed in bed!  No internet or printer working and to top it all off I got a bloody virus on my external hard drive which means all my music and movies are gone.  Nothing that cant be replaced but its still fricken annoying.  I left in a slightly foul mood to head to the pharmacy and I seriously thought I was going to launch myself across the counter at this woman whose only purpose in life today was to ignore than annoy me.  What effing pharmacy doesn't sell paracetamol???  I had been standing at the counter for ten minutes coughing up a lung almost passing out from my fever and the flipping woman was too busy on her mobile to serve me....arghhhhh UB you are testing me.  Then after she finally found something that she said will help she threw it over the counter and then scoffed at me when I didn't have smaller change.  I can see the headline now 'crazy white red head attacks innocent old pharmacist who dedicates her life to help the sick and injured.'

But my knight in shinning armour tonight was my friend Anna who brought codral cold and flu tablets to our 'wire' and Indian food session at Karina and Ben's.  I seriously wanted to cry in sheer happiness.  Codral is the shiz and feeling soooo much better already....Although that could be due to fact that we are sitting around laughing at flight of the concords and southpark but I think the meds may also have something to do with it.

view from the K-bird and Benbos apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment