Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fly time...

Airports are always emotional.   It is easier being the one leaving though especially when you know what you are doing is going to be such an adventure.  I feel guilty at the amount of times I have expected my family to take me to the airport and say goodbye.  I have to give my mother credit though...she has learnt to keep herself together better these days.  I believe its after the plane has left the tarmac that the water works really begin.  It was my little sister that got me tearing up this time though.  It's strange to think that I will miss a whole year of her life...a very important year also.  Year 12.  The next time I see her she will no longer be a high school student...very weird.  I'm thinking schoolies week in Mongolia for her but I'm not sure how that would go down with the parents.  



The U Banger crew in Singapore airport.  Flights were all good...excess baggage in Adelaide and lucky for me I avoided having to pay anything with Mongolian airlines as I played dumb and pretended I had paid all the way through to Mongolia.  Small victory to Miss Erin.  

Adelaide to Singapore to Seoul to Ulaanbaatar - ugh but thank goodness for free showers and lounges at airports.



No comments:

Post a Comment